Monday, August 6, 2007

Extreme Make Over...Turtle Edition!


I found a wonderful web site called The Happy Turtle.It has really helped me in caring for Miss Frankie.Well last night I was reading about their ideal habitat.Apparently fish gravel is not a good choice for their tanks because they try to eat it.I was not to convinced until we had to stop her about 5 times last night from eating the gravel! If they eat it it can cause an obstruction in their digestive track and its fatal.So first thing this morning off to Lowes I went and got a bag of river rock.It took about an hour to get it all clean but was worth the time because the pet stores charge about $30 for it , I paid $2.25 and still have over half the bag left!
I also took the other decorations out because sharp edges can harm their shells.Instead we have greenery that is durable and she cant eat(Yes , she has already tried!).
She seems pretty happy with our remodel.I think I may actually be done now!

0 comments: