Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Emergency!

I was just finishing my post when I heard a crash behind me.I turned to see Alex laying on the floor ,holding her head and was about to let out a very loud scream!
I turned her over and freaked! She had split the side of her forehead !!!
She was running around with 3 balloons and tripped on the strings and went head first on the corner of the cedar chest.It was not pretty.It is about 1.5 inches long.Which may not sound big but when its your 2 year old it is.
I screamed for Shawn who came running.He applied pressure for the bleeding and once we got it to slow down we knew I had to take her to the E.R.
Shawn put a butterfly on it before we left to help.
The Dr. was such a nice man but Alex was terrified and cried the whole time.
The Dr. said it would leave less of a scar if we bonded it with a medical glue instead of stitches.I was glad because I had no clue how I was going to restrain her for that!He said that the butterfly was great thinking because it helped get the skin closer before he bonded it.Go Daddy!
I was impressed though because we were home 1.45 minutes after we originally left.Not to bad for an E.R. trip.
We are home and all is well now.The bandage will stay on for 3 days so she does not pick at the glue.
For those of you who know Alex well knows this is probably the first of many E.R. trips!!

1 comments:

Duaine said...

Oh Sissy! I hope you're okay.

Papa