Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Another ER Run....

Yesterday Austin woke up with a 102 fever.He felt really bad all day and did nothing but lay down or sleep.Last night about 8:30pm he was really lethargic and burning up.I took his temp with the forehead thermometer and it beeped and said HI HI HI!! I got worried so I grabbed the stick thermometer and took it under his arm.It was 104.3!!! So I got the Tylenol and 30 seconds later he threw it up.We tried again about 10 min later and he threw it up again.So at that point I called the Dr.
They told me I needed to bring him to the Children's Hospital right away.They said anything at or over 104 with vomit needs to be check out right away.So Daddy got Austin dressed and in the car while I threw on some clothes.
We got there about 40 minutes later and as soon as we walked in I knew we were in trouble.There was not 1 empty seat!
The triage nurse gave him some Tylenol and we went in search of a place to camp out.About an hour later he was asking for chips! I took him to the cafeteria and he ate chips and was just chatting away.Sure enough his fever had broke.I was thinking about going home at this point so I went to talk to the sign in nurse.Just as I walked up another Mom was asking her how much longer it would be because they had been in the waiting room for 8 hours!! 8 FREAKING HOURS!!!
That sealed the deal for me! We were out of there!
He is doing much better this morning.He had another fever spike about 3am but the Motrin brought it back down.So far so good this morning.Now I am just praying the other two do not catch whatever it was.
Gage is the only one left without an ER trip under his belt.Gee , I wonder when that will be????

0 comments: