Monday, November 10, 2008

Beauty..



While at Kevin's house (a.k.a. Mama B's house) Saturday Alex went hunting in the attic and found herself a treasure.She uncovered a very old doll that belonged to Gran and Aunt Kathy when they were just little girls.The doll was in serious need of TLC.
Alex was in love with doll but when she found out it had been Grans she was over the moon about it.So tonight I gave her a bath , washed and brushed her hair,and ran her clothes through the washer.Alex was VERY happy with the end result.She has named her Beauty and has quickly taken to be carried around everywhere.
I think its such a sweet thing for her to love this doll so much just because it was Grans.I am sure Beauty will be with us forever.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

nanacathy said...

Yeah....I remember the doll..I think is was a "bride doll" as we called her.....Probably more Connie's than mine cause she looks like she still has her hair...I usually gave most of my dolls haircuts...guess that's where I got my start..ha! Hope she is loved...aunt cathy