Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Little R & R....


After the team party the boys went with Nana and Alex went with Gran and Papa for sleepovers..
Shawn and I took advantage of the time and headed out to the land to do some hunting and camping.
We had a BLAST! It was so great to sit in a deer stand with my husband again.I will have to brag on myself a little....I am a lot more quiet and still than I used to be! I am fairly certain that I am much more appreciative of silence now that I have 3 kids ,that it's a breeze to sit and just chill!
I saw a really cute baby bobcat and a really ugly boar.
Shawn got a shot off but hit the cinder block in his pen instead of the boar!
This picture was him looking for blood but sadly only finding concrete chunks..
After the hunt we all came in for an awesome camp fire dinner and lots of drinking and laughing.We ended up getting to bed at 2am and for me that is just crazy! I was a little sluggish the next day but quickly jumped back into Mommy mode.
I am so thankful for that little peace and a lot of fun on Saturday.Thanks to Gran,Papa,and Nana , we needed it!

2 comments:

K2 & Sweet'tater said...

I am glad you posted about this, I am glad ya'll have fun! Some time we will have to all go...

Kelly Goulding said...

Yes! We will plan a trip for after the New Year...