Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big Day!









Monday was the twins first day of school...I woke up definitely feeling a little sad..
Alex was not ready to get up as you can see from the picture but Austin was energized the second his eyes opened!
Getting ready was a lot of fun and they were very serious about getting dressed and having exactly what they wanted in their lunches.
Shawn was able to come so it was a big family event.
They seemed a little cautious going into their class rooms but they were so excited.In Alex's class there was a board with special notes from the parents that were done at Meet the Teacher night.I of course teared up when I say hers.I teared up when I took them in and watched them take their seats too.
Alex's teacher gave me my first Room Mom project and then we left.
I took Gage and Mandy for donuts to make it a little special for them too.
When we got home i started putting together these decodable reading books.OH MY GOD , I put together over a thousand! I get to tackle Austins classes today..I will be glad to get done with those!
Picking them up was time consuming..it seems everyone picks their kid up on the first day/.i was in the line for 30 minutes! When I saw Alex walk out with her back pack on i cried a little then too!
Of course no one really gave any details other than school is "super awesome"! I will take it!
This morning they were just as excited and I didn't even cry.We shall see what happens when Gage starts his classes on Thursday...

1 comments:

Ashley said...

HOW CUTE ARE THEY??!? OMGosh. Alex with that pink tie?? LOVE it.