Saturday, April 26, 2008

Relay For Life...





Last night I had the great experience in participating in the 12 hour Relay For Life.The walks purpose is to raise money for the American Cancer Society to aide in research.
There is simply no possible words for what an awesome event it was and I feel truly blessed that I was there to be a part of it.
Hundreds of people came together to honor their lost loves ones and to show support for the ones who are currently in the fight against cancer.
As many know we lost my Grandpa to lung cancer in late 2005 and now my other Grandfather is quickly losing his battle with colon cancer.This night was very close to my heart and they were my driving force to keep going through the night and into the morning.
I am currently working on 1.5 hours of sleep and my body aches more than I can even explain.Its not only tiresome but it hurts!
Thank you to my fabulous friends and family who sponsored me in the walk.It was because of you I am proud to say I raised $745! I am currently #14 of top participants for our area , that is AWESOME!
Thank you to Shawn and my Mom who supported me and gave me the encouragement that I needed to go all the way.
I will never forget this experience.

1 comments:

K2 & Sweet'tater said...

I am SO impressed! I would have been way to nervous to do that without asking someone to do it with me. I am proud of ya girl!