Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crystal Beach


Words are very hard to find to describe how I feel about the destruction of such a beautiful town.
Our family had the great fortune to spend a week on the Bolivar Peninsula in Crystal Beach this summer.
We all fell in love with the town and the people there.It was such a quiet and peaceful place to spend time with your family.
I think about all the little Mom and Pop shops we shopped in and my heart hurts for those people.
I have such wonderful memories of the place and it makes me cry when I think about it being destroyed.
My Mom contacted the owner of the house we rented and he is unsure yet if the house is still there. He said he would let us know when he is allowed on the peninsula.I highly doubt it because the house was right on the beach.There was nothing to block those high winds.
There is no doubt that they will re-build.They can count on my family to vacation there again and help re-boost that economy.
My prayers and thoughts are with everyone on the coast but Crystal Beach you have a special spot in my heart.

0 comments: