Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve.....






Christmas Eve afternoon we headed to Cleburne and brought Grandma lunch.We got to visit for awhile and the kids had a blast running around the yard.
We ran a few errands then headed home for our first ever Christmas Eve alone.
After dinner we got dressed and went to our church for the candlelight service.I was so looking forward to starting this tradition for my family..Well....Never goes as planned...They became EXTREMELY restless during the ceremony and Shawn ended up taking Alex (the ballerina in the aisle) and Gage to the truck.Austin stayed with me and even got to have a lit candle to hold and he thought that was "awesome".
After church we all got in our jammies and we let the kids each open 1 gift.My Mom always let me open 1 gift on Christmas Eve so I thought I would carry on that tradition.
The boys opened their light sabers and Alex got her Animal Planet Series DVD.My girl LOVES animal based shows and just about anything from National Geographic.
While the boys play fought with their light sabers , Alex and Shawn watched one part of her new DVDs.Before bed they all enjoyed hot coco with Shawn.
Gage didn't make it past that ,so the twins prepared Santa's milk and cookies.After they laid it all out and Alex put the picture she drew for Santa out,I read Twas The Night Before Christmas,then it was off to bed!Of course they did not go to sleep till 11:30 so Mama Claus got a late start on all the prep work.It was all worth it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want an animal planet DVD! I've been searching for the one with "Growing up Giraffe," on it.

...

I'm jealous...

-Lauren