Thursday, December 11, 2008

School Play....






Tonight we had the great pleasure to go see the twins in their very first school production.
The theme was ,It's Christmas Charlie Brown.
All the girls dressed like Snoopy and the boys Austin's age were Linus with the famous blue blankey used as a Shepard's head dress.
Apparently during rehearsals ALL 96 kids wanted to use the microphone , so the wonderful school director let each one say their name into it on their way to the stage tonight.That was funny!
I was really proud that both of the kids followed through with it.
The program was mostly singing with just a little speaking by the kindergartners.
Alex sang and swayed along for the most part but Austin just stood there with his hands in his pockets.Occasionally he would jab his buddy from class when he wasn't looking! Those two have actually been separated a number of times by the teacher this year for goofing off with each other.After he gets off the stage tonight I saw one reason he may not have been singing....Yep , he had been wearing those Halloween vampire teeth the entire time! You gotta love it! Shawn says he is just like him when he was little..
At the end of the program the kids sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.I will admit it , I cried a little bit.I know I am a softy but seeing those little faces and hearing that sweet innocent sound of kids signing choked me up a little.
We took the kids to Chik Fil A for dinner and a little playtime to celebrate after wards..
It was an awesome night with my family...

1 comments:

K2 & Sweet'tater said...

I know it wasn't a big family thing but I wish I could have been there! Tell them I said great job!