Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Craft Project....





This morning the kids and I went to Michael's and Sam's for a special project.
Grandma Al is in the hospital with MRSA and we wanted to do something nice for her.
Instead of buying her flowers we bought vases and paint! The kids picked out the flowers they wanted to go in them and all the paint colors as well.
When we got home I spread a sheet over the table and they got dirty!
They had a lot of fun finger painting the vases.It took A LOT of convincing but they let me put the flowers in myself without their help.
The kids were extremely happy with the finished product.They were upset that they could not deliver their gift themselves though.
I took the flowers to Grandma and visited with her this evening.
She was very happy with the vases the kids had made for her.It definitely brightens the room and with any luck her spirits too..

1 comments:

Duaine said...

What a fantastic idea. I'm sure that Grandma is still talking about her flowers!