Wednesday, October 29, 2008

30....



Yep , I turned 30 today.It's an odd feeling turning 30.I remember thinking (what didn't seem so long ago) that 30 was old but now that I'm here it doesn't seem so old.
I am actually glad to be out of my 20's and into a more settled down way of life for my new decade.
It's a miracle I survived my 20's! Now that in itself is a special celebration.
My day was really great.It started with my kids telling me happy birthday and they were more excited about it than I was.Shawn was sweet and brought us home tacos for lunch.The florist arrived and my Mom had sent a beautiful basket of fabulous flowers with 30 balloons! The kids went nuts over all the balloons.
We ended up letting them all go in the house so they were playing all kinds of games with them.Their favorite was who could get their balloon to float all the way up to the sky light.That will bring more fun when they finally fall and they can play"volley ball" with them.I think at least half of them ended up outside.They thought it was awesome to watch them float out of sight.
Tonight after I dropped Alex off at gymnastics/dance I met Taryn for a wonderful and extremely fattening birthday dinner at Babe's and had chicken fried steak with a whole bowl of gravy..YUMMY!
After dinner we headed to the Dollar Tree then onto Wal-mart where I got the kids their winter crocs.They are really cool, if you haven't seen them they are non holy crocs with fuzzy socks built in. They loved them so much they all refused to take them off and are now sleeping in them!
The day has truly been great.The best part was getting to talk to all my family who called to wish me a Happy Birthday.Thanks everyone for a fabulous birthday...

2 comments:

Lee said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your year is great.

Angela said...

You know, I always thought I was a few years older than you. Reading your birthday blog actually made me feel better about my age but my goodness I sure do feel old...