Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jungle Jim!

Today Jungle Jim came to our Library! It was a really awesome show.He brought spiders,lizards,turtles,frogs,toads ,snakes,crabs and a bunch more than I am sure I am forgetting.
I was a little squeamish at first being around the spiders and snakes , they were caged though.
The kids didn't know what to think! Alex at first was scared of Jungle Jim , it may have been the mustache.Austin was so excited that it was hard to keep him quiet.He would get excited and turn and say"Did you see that Kyler , Look Kyler" it was really cute! Then when a kid would answer a question Austin would yell the answer right after, like he knew it all along!
I was a little freaked when he was holding a snake.I was ready to flee at any moment if he dropped it! At the end they have everyone line up and go around to look up close at the animals but you could not touch them or the cages they were in.I instantly had a vision of one of mine pushing the spiders or snakes off the table and everyone running , so we skipped that and went home!
It was a great day at the Library and the kids wont stop talking about Jungle Jim!

0 comments: